September 2010

After the relatively busy month of August, one would have thought we had a quieter September. Not us, though.... things were pretty busy for 3 reasons :

1. Little T started school. She was very excited and started straight in with full time attendance, 5 days a week (as she is one of the oldest in her class). Her new teacher is called Miss Till and seems very nice. Little T has made a lot of friends and seems to have settled in well.
2. Little O turned the ripe old age of 2 !! He had a great birthday and a wonderful time with some friends who came over to celebrate. He certainly has changed over the past 12 months and now has a very strong and humourous personality. His vocabulary has dramatically increased and it is wonderful watching and listening to him and his sister interact. We hope and pray that they remain such good friends for many years to come.


3. I took part in the 3 Peaks Challenge. After doing many weeks of training (in my case cycling) to prepare for our mountain climbing event, we set off to Scotland for the beginning of the challenge. I managed to drive the team around the country in relatively good time and we completed our event in the 24 hours that we aimed for.
Obviously the training paid off, as I did not have a recurrence of my knee injury that was a concern for me.
Little T was very sweet and gave me one of her chocolate bars (well, it wasn't one she liked !) for me to eat at the top of the mountain. As a dutiful father, I did indeed eat the (frozen hard) chocolate bar in the pouring rain at the stop of Snowdon !

No comments:

Post a Comment